April 18th, 2019
Open call for CircusNext projects
European contest to financially support innovative circus projects
Open Call for Projects 2019-2021
APPLY (deadline: 7 June 2019)
What are the benefits of being a CircusNext artist?
For laureates and shortlisted artists:
– Support throughout your creation process
• Creation residencies
• Work-in-progress presentations
• Follow up by circusnext team and platform members
– High visibility, networking and touring opportunities
– Financial support: creation grant
- Presentation of works-in-progress
- More visbility: Public Presentations in Paris in front of a large number of professionals
who can apply, with what & where?
Who can apply?
• emerging circus creators
• residents in Europe and over 18 years old
• individuals or companies (no legal structure required when applying)
• not currently studying in a circus school but no circus degree required
• no previous laureates of Jeunes Talents Cirque /circusnext awards
• a circus creation in progress
• no premiere planned in Europe before the Public Presentations in Paris (Jan. 2021)
Where can one apply?
• only in one European country
• in the country where the project is most ”rooted”
Caution, if your project gets shortlisted
• Candidates should be available for the selection week in Neerpelt and the Public Presentations in Paris.
• Shortlisted authors will be asked to present a short work-in-progress for the selection week.
• who is considered as an emerging creator?
• apply with their 1ST or 2ND professional creation project
• not have received any important creation subsidy from
a public body for any of their previous creation projects
• not have toured significantly at European/international
level with their previous creation projects
• emergence criteria apply to all artists considered as authors of the creation project. An ensemble with one artist/author considered as non-emerging would be ineligible.
• outside eye of the project: if not emerging, should not be co-author.
• on which basis is a project selected?
• Originality of the project
• Coherence & relevance of the project
• Quality of the performance skills
• Ability to bring the project to fruition
Selection Process – Timeline
- mid-April -> mid -June 2019 – open call
- mid-June -> October – national selections
- November -> European preselection of 12 shortlisted applications
- 11-15 May 2020 – Final selection of 6 laureates
- January 2021 – Public Presentations in Paris of the 6 laureates
More about circusnext platform and its members: www.circusnext.eu
Circusnext coordination team – Paris, FR
email@example.com / +33 (0)1 43 40 48 60
Co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union
Supported by the French Ministry of Culture, Ville de Paris, Région Île-de-France, SACD and Institut Français
Contact and information in Poland:
Workshops of Culture in Lublin
Ludic Culture and Arts Department